Last month my Nexus 4 encountered the dead of red light issue, and Google sent me an Nexus 5 as an replacement. The first thing for me is to root it and restore all backup from cloud. Here are the steps. Read more »
Category Archives: Rooting
How to Root Nexus 5
How to root Nexus 4 on Android 4.4.2
Today Google rolled out 4.4.2 to Nexus 4. It brings a few minor changes such as camera but kills root after upgrade. However we can easily root it back.
Required tools or files:
SuperSu 1.80 Read more »
How to rooting ASUS Transformer Prime TF700T 4.2.1
- Go to setting, under system click on “Developer Options” and make sure you have checked the “USB debugging”. If you don’t have a “developer option”, click on “About Tablet” and where it says “Build Number”, click on it until it says “Congratulations now you are a developer”. It should about 5~10 times. After that you should be able to see the “Developer Options”.
- Next, under “Personal” click the tab that says “Security” and enable “Unknown Sources”.
- Once done with this, connect your tablet to you computer. Read more »
How to root Sony Xperia P (ICS)
Method for ICS build number 6.1.B.0.544 and 6.1.B.0.559 update:
Rooting via Flashtool:
1. Download Flashtool 0.9.6.0 from Flashtool Homepage: http://androxyde.github.com/
2. Install it on your PC
3. Run the Flashtool and connect your phone (enable USB debugging first/turn on unknown sources)
4. Hit the Root button (second in row)
5. When you see “waiting for restore to finish” open your phone and run Backup&Restore app and restore RootMe.tar file.
6. Wait until Flashtool do the rest of work
Thanks neoxx3m at XDA:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1900172
How to Root Samsung Galaxy Ace II
- Download this
- Connect your phone to the PC with the USB cable and open it up in the file manager. (You can then also backup all your stuff.)
- Right click RootPack.zip and choose extract here, then copy upd.zip to “Phone” on the file manager. Leave your phone connected to the PC via USB up to step #8 Read more »
Unroot Galaxy S3 and get back to stock rom for warranty
Getting back to stock rom without rooting will be necessary for warranty 🙂
1. PC Odin
2. Your Firmware
Read more »
How to root Samsung Galaxy Mini
Per request by users, post a guide on rooting galaxy mini here. First download the attachment, and then follow steps:
- make a folder on sd card name it root
- put the downloaded zip file in there
- turn off your phone and restart in recovery by pressing and holding home+power on button
- install the .zip from sd card
- reboot, done
- the superuser is now avarible
How to root LG Nitro HD
Enabling Root Rights
- Enable USB Debugging and Unknown Sources.
- Unzip the zip file to the location of your choice.
- Run the file named “Root.bat”.
- Follow the instructions on in the CMD window.
Here is a list of the apps that I have found will brick your Nitro if removed:
- AT&T Address Book
- AT&T Navigator
- Google Play Books*
- Google Play Movies*
- Google Play Music
- Google Play Store/Market
Root AT&T One X
After the disappointment that the US version of the HTC One X came with a dual-core Snapdragon processor instead of the quad-core Tegra 3 processor in the international variant, AT&T struck another blow by announcing that the bootloader on the One X on AT&T/Rogers won’t be unlock-able. Read more »
How To Root Galaxy S3 Android 4.0.4 XXALE8
Sansung Galaxy S3 is a so exceiting andorid phone. Here is step by step Tutorial on how to Root Galaxy S3 Android 4.0.4 XXALE8 via Odin: Read more »