Motorola Droid XYBoard is a recently launched Android gadget from Motorola. It has a 10.1″ widescreen IPS-enhanced HD display and has a great look. This tablet is also upgradeable to Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. In this tutorial we will tell you how to root Motorola Droid XYBoardwith one click. We had been discussing the advantages of rooting in quite a lot of posts previously and hence we will not include them here. To mention a few, you can remove system apps after rooting your device and hence save some internal space. It also lets you convert downloaded apps into system apps.
Before you proceed please be informed that rooting will void the warranty of your device. But this is not something to worry for as you can get your warranty back if you flash the stock Firmware or update your phone with any official update provided by Samsung.
There are chances that you might lose some important data on your phone. Though rooting rarely results in loss of data, it is always better to have a backup of everything.
Backup all applications using ASTRO File Manager which also lets you store the backed up file on its servers.
- Backup all contacts to SD card.
- Most of the SMS applications let you back up SMS to your SD card. You can use Go SMS or Handcent which are the most famous ones.
- Motorola device drivers are needed – Download
- Minimum 50% charge in device.
- Disable all security and anti-virus apps which might prevent rooting.
- Enable USB Debugging by going to Settings>Applications>Development and ensure that USB Debugging is checked.
Steps to Root Motorola Droid XYBoard
After you ensure that you have backed up everything, you can proceed with the steps to root Motorola Droid XYBoard.
- Download One-Click Rooting Package – Windows | Linus/OSX
- Extract the contents of the zip file to a separate folder in your PC using a suitable software.
- Connect your Motorola Droid XYBoard to the PC using USB Cable and make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- On Windows, execute run.bat from the extracted contents of the zip file you had downloaded in Step 1
- On Linux/OSX, execute run.sh from the extracted contents of the zip file you had downloaded in Step 1.
- Device will reboot on success.
In this way you can easily root Motorola Droid XYBoard.