This is a temporary root solution with which you will be able to root your HTC Incredible S.Please note that rooting voids the warranty, though the warranty can be claimed back once the device is un rooted, as it’s just a temporary root, the Incredible S can be un rooted just with the help of a simple restarting of the device. Basically there are two types of rooting methods, one is the permanent root and another one is the temporary root. In the permanent root even if you reboot the device the device will stay rooted but whereas in the temporary rooting process with the help of a simple reboot, the device will be un rooted. Though both has its own set of advantages and disadvantages, as of now since only temporary root is available, we will see on how you can temporary root your phone. Please note that this process is only applicable for HTC’s Incredible S and to not any other phone, if you apply the below mentioned procedure for any other HTC’s device then there’s a high potential that you may end up bricking your device.
Before proceeding to the procedure on how to root the HTC Incredible S, make sure that battery is charged to a minimum of 50% or else your device will get switched off in the middle of the process due to which the rooting process will not be completed. Also, additionally its recommended to create a backup of all the data which is there in your phone in the computer as in an unlikely event you may lose all the data which is present in your phone. Rooting has its own set of advantages and disadvantages the major advantage being that it unlocks the potential of device.
Procedure to Root HTC Incredible S:
- before that you will have to turn on the USB debugging in your incredible S which can be turned ON by pressing the “Menu” key first then “Settings” > “Applications” > “Development”. Now here you will find an option of “USB debugging”, select the option and just accept the warning which it will pop up. It’s very important to put the device in the USB debugging
- Now, next up you will have to download the Rooting package which you will have to unzip the same and need to place in the location path c:\adb after which you will have to connect the phone to the computer.
- Now, open the command prompt and key in the “cmd” and then you will have to make use of the change directory command so that the directory in which you have placed the rooting file can be accessed.
- Next up type in the “pushroot” and enter the same, basically this will push in the pushroot.bat file.
- After this type in adb shell /data/local/tmp/getroot and after that type in adb shell and press enter.
- After typing in the above commands, you will now be prompted as # after which you will have to type in /data/local/tmp/pushroot.
That’s it you have now successfully rooted the HTC Incredible S, so from now whenever the device get un rooted, you will have to just enter the commands from the —-loop—- which is mentioned above.