Last month my Nexus 4 encountered the dead of red light issue, and Google sent me an Nexus 5 as an replacement. The first thing for me is to root it and restore all backup from cloud. Here are the steps.
Tag Archives: rooting
Per request by users, post a guide on rooting galaxy mini here. First download the attachment, and then follow steps:
- make a folder on sd card name it root
- put the downloaded zip file in there
- turn off your phone and restart in recovery by pressing and holding home+power on button
- install the .zip from sd card
- reboot, done
- the superuser is now avarible
Enabling Root Rights
- Enable USB Debugging and Unknown Sources.
- Unzip the zip file to the location of your choice.
- Run the file named “Root.bat”.
- Follow the instructions on in the CMD window.
Here is a list of the apps that I have found will brick your Nitro if removed:
- AT&T Address Book
- AT&T Navigator
- Google Play Books*
- Google Play Movies*
- Google Play Music
- Google Play Store/Market
Note: This root will be permanent or temporary based on the state of your bootloader. If it is locked, the root will be temporary and you will have to re-root every time you restart your device. However, if it has been unlocked, root will be permanent. You can follow this guide on XDA to unlock your bootloader.
For all those who have purchased the latest Samsung Droid Charge then you would now like to know on how you can easily root the device. For all those who want to know on what are the benefits of rooting and the disadvantages of rooting then there are many pros and cons.
Samsung Sidekick 4G was rooted within 2 hours of it’s release. The initial rooting methods were pretty complex requiring you to have Android SDK installed along with ample command over ADB. However there is now a simpler method available that let’s you root your Sidekick 4G with a single click. The all time famous One Click Root application now works with Sidekick 4G and gives you root in matter of seconds.