Tethering Samsung Android smartphones not is a big issues. All Samsung Galaxy smartphones build in tethering feature that allows sharing the internet connection with other devices such as laptop , smartphone and Tablet. Tethering Samsung Android smartphones is very simple and you can turn On the type of the tethering and set the WEB encryption to your hotspot Wi-Fi.
Getting back to stock rom without rooting will be necessary for warranty
1. PC Odin
2. Your Firmware
Per request by users, post a guide on rooting galaxy mini here. First download the attachment, and then follow steps:
- make a folder on sd card name it root
- put the downloaded zip file in there
- turn off your phone and restart in recovery by pressing and holding home+power on button
- install the .zip from sd card
- reboot, done
- the superuser is now avarible
Enabling Root Rights
- Enable USB Debugging and Unknown Sources.
- Unzip the zip file to the location of your choice.
- Run the file named “Root.bat”.
- Follow the instructions on in the CMD window.
Here is a list of the apps that I have found will brick your Nitro if removed:
- AT&T Address Book
- AT&T Navigator
- Google Play Books*
- Google Play Movies*
- Google Play Music
- Google Play Store/Market
Notification History can record all notifications so that you can easily track who pushed unwanted message. This can be used to:
1. Find out which app pushed annoying statusbar advertisement, and uninstall it.
2. Collect messages sent by apps and read them later
3. Backup and share notifications
* Collect notifications on status bar and group by apps
* Save notifications
* Clear notifications
* Uninstall apps sending annoying notifications directly
It’s well known Android is very fragmental, different system version, platform, and tons of app stores different from apple store. As an example, there’s more than 400 stores in China. For most of users, we can get apps on google play. Here list another alternative android appstores with short reviews:
It’s available in USA currently. Each app is reviewed by manual to ensure its qualify ad security. And also there’s daily app for free. To get them outside usa, Market Unlocker is recommended.
350,000 mobile applications across major handset platforms including Java ME, BlackBerry, Symbian, Windows Mobile and Android
Galaxy S3 can share its internet connection with your laptop, which means you can connect your Galaxy S3 to the Internet in any location where your phone can get a data signal from your carrier. So, Tethering is one to one (you connect a phone to a laptop), and the laptop must have the right drivers to make it work.
To set up tethering (Internet sharing) on your Galaxy S3 GT-i9300, follow these simple steps:
Step 1: Go To Galaxy S3 “Settings” ,then “More settings”.
Step 2: Now your are on the Wireless and Networks Menu. So,chose the “Tethering and portable hotspot”
Step 3: Enable “Portable Wi-Fi hotspot function”.
Step 4:Setup your network name- network SSID ( any) and network key to only you or authorized person for access- Password (any). The security on your Wi-Fi is provided by providing the password using the WPA2 PSK security.
Step 5:Click save.
Step 6: Open your PC or laptop Wi-Fi, then search your Galaxy s3 network SSID which you have setup, then enter the password. Now your PC or laptop can connect to internet.