Method for ICS build number 6.1.B.0.544 and 6.1.B.0.559 update:
Rooting via Flashtool:
1. Download Flashtool 0.9.6.0 from Flashtool Homepage: http://androxyde.github.com/
2. Install it on your PC
3. Run the Flashtool and connect your phone (enable USB debugging first/turn on unknown sources)
4. Hit the Root button (second in row)
5. When you see “waiting for restore to finish” open your phone and run Backup&Restore app and restore RootMe.tar file.
6. Wait until Flashtool do the rest of work
Thanks neoxx3m at XDA:http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1900172
Getting back to stock rom without rooting will be necessary for warranty
1. PC Odin
2. Your Firmware
Read more »
Per request by users, post a guide on rooting galaxy mini here. First download the attachment, and then follow steps:
- make a folder on sd card name it root
- put the downloaded zip file in there
- turn off your phone and restart in recovery by pressing and holding home+power on button
- install the .zip from sd card
- reboot, done
- the superuser is now avarible
Enabling Root Rights
- Enable USB Debugging and Unknown Sources.
- Unzip the zip file to the location of your choice.
- Run the file named “Root.bat”.
- Follow the instructions on in the CMD window.
Here is a list of the apps that I have found will brick your Nitro if removed:
- AT&T Address Book
- AT&T Navigator
- Google Play Books*
- Google Play Movies*
- Google Play Music
- Google Play Store/Market
After the disappointment that the US version of the HTC One X came with a dual-core Snapdragon processor instead of the quad-core Tegra 3 processor in the international variant, AT&T struck another blow by announcing that the bootloader on the One X on AT&T/Rogers won’t be unlock-able. Read more »
Sansung Galaxy S3 is a so exceiting andorid phone. Here is step by step Tutorial on how to Root Galaxy S3 Android 4.0.4 XXALE8 via Odin: Read more »
Having an Sony Ericsson Xperia Neo V smart phone on the latest 4.0.2.A.0.62 firmware? Then we are here with the rooting procedure so that you can then install custom ROM of your choice from a wide variety which we will be checking out in coming days. Read more »
Actually, this method should root just about any Motorola phone running Gingerbread. So not only will it work on the DROID3, DROID2, DROIDX2, and DROIDX, but it should also work on the DROID Pro and D2 Global when they receive an update – hopefully the DROID Bionic too. Read more »
Disclaimer: At Android Advices, we have made sure in all respects that all the information regarding the firmware update is mentioned correctly in this article. Read more »