Last month my Nexus 4 encountered the dead of red light issue, and Google sent me an Nexus 5 as an replacement. The first thing for me is to root it and restore all backup from cloud. Here are the steps.
Category Archives: Rooting
- Go to setting, under system click on “Developer Options” and make sure you have checked the “USB debugging”. If you don’t have a “developer option”, click on “About Tablet” and where it says “Build Number”, click on it until it says “Congratulations now you are a developer”. It should about 5~10 times. After that you should be able to see the “Developer Options”.
- Next, under “Personal” click the tab that says “Security” and enable “Unknown Sources”.
- Once done with this, connect your tablet to you computer.
Method for ICS build number 6.1.B.0.544 and 6.1.B.0.559 update:
Rooting via Flashtool:
1. Download Flashtool 0.9.6.0 from Flashtool Homepage: http://androxyde.github.com/
2. Install it on your PC
3. Run the Flashtool and connect your phone (enable USB debugging first/turn on unknown sources)
4. Hit the Root button (second in row)
5. When you see “waiting for restore to finish” open your phone and run Backup&Restore app and restore RootMe.tar file.
6. Wait until Flashtool do the rest of work
- Download this
- Connect your phone to the PC with the USB cable and open it up in the file manager. (You can then also backup all your stuff.)
- Right click RootPack.zip and choose extract here, then copy upd.zip to “Phone” on the file manager. Leave your phone connected to the PC via USB up to step #8
Getting back to stock rom without rooting will be necessary for warranty 🙂
1. PC Odin
2. Your Firmware
Per request by users, post a guide on rooting galaxy mini here. First download the attachment, and then follow steps:
- make a folder on sd card name it root
- put the downloaded zip file in there
- turn off your phone and restart in recovery by pressing and holding home+power on button
- install the .zip from sd card
- reboot, done
- the superuser is now avarible
Enabling Root Rights
- Enable USB Debugging and Unknown Sources.
- Unzip the zip file to the location of your choice.
- Run the file named “Root.bat”.
- Follow the instructions on in the CMD window.
Here is a list of the apps that I have found will brick your Nitro if removed:
- AT&T Address Book
- AT&T Navigator
- Google Play Books*
- Google Play Movies*
- Google Play Music
- Google Play Store/Market