If grabbing yourself up to 100GB more free Dropbox space for life wasn’t enough for you, if you buy a shiny new Samsung Galaxy S III you’ll also net yourself 50GB more free Dropbox space for two years, double what HTC’s offering with its One series.
For all Android phones, like HTC desire, I’d like to introduce one way to have this 48G free dropbox. It’s developed by XDA developer memeber, Daviddang, but was quickly removed from XDA forum.
[amazon-product alink=”0000FF” bordercolor=”000000″ height=”240″ region=”us”]B0080DJ6CM[/amazon-product]
1. Uninstall dropbox on phone (if installed)
2. Download flashable zip file here
3. Copy zip fie to root folder on sdcard, mostly is /sdcard
4. Reboot phone into recovery mode, and flash the zip file (* no swipe needed)
5. Reboot phone when flash completed
6. Launch dropbox and log in with your account
If not get storage increased, open http://dropbox.com/gs, it should be there now.
[Update on June 11] It does not work today. When I logged into my dropbox account, storage was reverted to original size.