This program contains all the files you need to unlock and root your device, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup all your user apps, system apps, and app data, and easily restore them later in one click; you can flash or boot any img files you wan,t to any partition on your device; as well as flash any current or future stock android release, making updating your device as easy as can be; and now with the latest release (v1.3) you can install the drivers automatically.
Before You Begin:
- Download the tool
- This will erase all data on your device so please make sure to back everything up before beginning.
- This program only works for Windows.
- Do not plug in your device until this program prompts you too!
- Install the program by double clicking the GnexRootToolkit.sfx.exe
- This will extract the contents to %HOMEDRIVE%\Wugs_GnexRootToolkit
- Place a shortcuts on your Desktop
- Launch the program for first use
- Use the “Drivers” option to make sure all your drivers get configured properly.
- This is a crucial step. Nothing else will work otherwise, so make sure your drivers are properly configured before you try doing anything else with this program.
- Follow the onscreen driver instructions carefully and you should have no problems.
- Use the “Backup Apps + Data” if you want to preserve your apps and settings for restoration after you unlock and root.
- Then use the “Unlock” to unlock and the “Root” to root… Tada! Enjoy your unlocked and rooted device. ^_^
- Then whenever you need to go back to square one just use the “Flash stock + Unroot” and “OEMlock” features.
- Remember that this option can also be used if you completely brick.
- This should bring you back to a fully locked stock factory state.