This rooting tutorial uses fastboot method where you will need to install the fastboot drivers. We have all of that in the tutorial. Make sure you backup everything before you proceed though it is unlikely that you will lose any data.
- Before you do any hacking activity on your device, it is always advisable to take a back up of your phone’s data. Backing up your contacts is easy and you can back up all your contacts to your phone’s SD Card.
- To back up your applications, I recommend you to use ASTRO File Manager which also allows cloud storage.
- Make sure you have enough battery on your device.
Steps to Root Sony Xperia S
- Download this file
- Turn off your phone.
- Hold the Menu key and connect your device to the Computer using USB Cable.
- You should see a blue screen which is the fastboot mode.
- Your Computer would recognize the connection and prompt you to install the Fastboot drivers. Make sure you install them properly.
- Go to the folder where you had downloaded the file in step 1.
- Press Shift+Right click and choose the option “Open Command Prompt here” Optional: Open Command Prompt and type cd followed by the location of the folder where you had downloaded the file.
- After this, enter the following command:
fastboot flash system system_xps_prerooted_63fw.img
- Device will reboot on success.