SamsungGalaxy SL i9003 is a slightly cut-down version of the Samsung Galaxy S released by Samsung. The only difference between these two phones is that in Samsung Galaxy S, there was a Super AMOLED display, while SL has a Super LCD display. Both the phones share the same features: 512 MB of RAM, 1 GHz processor, a 5 MP camera (without flash) and come with the Samsung TouchWiz user interface. Galaxy S comes with 16 and 32 GB options, while you are limited to only 4GB of internal storage on Galaxy SL.
In this article I’ll show you how you can easily root your Galaxy SL i9003 on 2.3.6 firmware. Rooting allows you to install custom ROMs, change advanced settings and gives you full root access to your phone, however you will void your warranty.
- Backup all your applications using ASTRO File Manager.
- Back up all contacts to SD Card.
- Make sure you have KIES installed.
- Disable Anti virus and other security apps
- Enable USB Debugging by Settings>Applications>Development and ensure that USB Debugging is checked.
Steps to Root Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 on 2.3.6 Firmware
After ensuring you have satisfied the conditions above, you can proceed with the steps to root you Samsung Galaxy SL i9003 on the 2.3.6 Firmware.
- Download Rooting Package for DDKP1 or Download Rooting Package for DDKP2 and extract using the password blogotechblog.com
- Start “Odin” from the files you downloaded.
- Boot your phone into Download Mode by pressing the Volume Down button and Center button and simultaneously pressing the power button.
- Connect your phone to the PC via USB. After you have done this, ID:Com section on Odin will turn yellow. If it doesn’t don’t proceed to the next step.
- Click PDA and select CF-Root-SGSL_XX_OXX_LPH-CWM5.tar from the downloaded contents of the zip file.
- Click Start and wait for a few moments and the device will reboot on success.
That’s it! you have rooted your Samsung Galaxy SL on the 2.3.6 firmware.