Procedure To Root Samsung Galaxy S2:
Points to be Noted Before Proceeding:
1. You may brick your phone, if the instructions will not follow carefully.
2. Warranty will be void by rooting the device but you can get it back by unrooting the phone.
3. Downloads all needed Tools/software.
4. Samsung Galaxy S2 should had updated to the latest firmware XWKDD.
5. Battery of the phone had charged properly atleast to the half level.
6. You may lost the device data, so make a backup of all the data like messages, call history, pictures etc before rooting process.
7. Save the APN Setting, it will be needed after the root process to surf the internet again.
8. The updated USB driver of device should be installed on system to communicate properly with the device.
1. ODIN Downloader (Download it from here)
2. USB Data Cable
3. XWKDD Kernel (Don’t extract it after download, it will use in the Odin process)
4. Download SuperOneClick
5. Download Samsung’s KIES 2.0 (Download links: Link1 , Link2)
6. And Ofcourse, A Personal Computer(PC) or Laptop.
Step one: First of all make sure that you have download and install all the needed software. Then, Put device in USB debugging mode: Settings ->Applications -> Development -> USB debugging.
Step Two: Reboot your device in the download session mode. To get enter in the download mode of Samsung Galaxy S2, switched off the device and turn it on again by holding Volumedown button + Home button and Power button simultaneously. You will surely reach to the download mode. You can get yourself confirm by identifying same as below mention picture as on your phone screen.
Step Three: Open the ODIN Downloader which you had downloaded and installed it on your pc.
Step Four: Now, with the help of USB Cable connect the device to the computer while keeping the Odin open then wait for the few seconds then odin notified you that the device is connected to the computer. Select the checkboxes next to “Auto reboot” and “F. Reset Time” and kept default else options. After all this, press “PDA” Button and select the XWKDD_insecure.tar file which you have downloaded on your pc before. Now Press “Start” button, after this pressing the start button ODIN will flash the kernel and after flashing it phone will reboot. Becareful, don’t dare to disattach the device from computer while rebooting.
Step Five: Once the device has been restarted, Open SuperOneClick and press the “Root” tab and restart the device again. After it, you will successfully rooted the your Samsung Galaxy S2 device.
The Rooting process has been completed here and now you can gain benefits of using custom roms and apps of Samsung Galaxy S2 without any hesitation or restriction.